Welcome to the Asian Composers League
The Asian Composers League (ACL) is the most vibrant and active contemporary music organization in the Asia-Pacific region today. It was established in 1973 by leading composers from Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong and Korea.
Its primary objectives are:
- To promote, preserve, and develop the musical cultures of the Asia-Pacific region, particularly in the field of music composition; and
- To further interests of composers in the Asia-Pacific region through representation and negotiation, and to achieve recognition of their rights in national and international law.
The official member countries/regions are:
- AUSTRALIA [Melbourne Composers League]
- HONG KONG [Hong Kong Composers Guild]
- ISRAEL [Israel Composers League]
- JAPAN [Japan Federation of Composers]
- MALAYSIA [Malaysian Composers Collective]
- NEW ZEALAND [Composers Association of New Zealand]
- SINGAPORE [Composers Society of Singapore]
- THAILAND [Composers Association of New Music]
- TURKEY [New Music Coop of South/Southeastern Turkey]
The Conference and Festival are magnificent events which are held annually and biennially, hosted by the member countries under the auspices of the ACL. It is an important venue for promising Asian-Pacific composers with different cultural backgrounds to present their works, exchange ideas and build solidarity amongst themselves.